Artificial Intelligence(AI) is no more an Intellectual Terminology, it can do wonders if augmented properly. AI is restructuring on how companies work and it has now embarked into the recruitment space. Let us take a look at some of the advantages and disadvantages of AI in HR recruitment:
1. Improves speed of hiring: Chatbots can perform candidate pre-screening and sourcing tasks. Companies need to be more agile and quick in order to reach top-quality candidates. Using AI for recruiting helps to identify quality candidates much early in the hiring process. Once the process of selecting candidates is fully automated, more data can then be gathered and efficiently assessed.
2. Enhance candidate experience and interest: HR recruiters are often engulfed with tasks that take up most of their time, hence many face difficulties in maintaining good response time with their candidates. By enlisting chatbots and virtual assistants, candidates will feel better association, keeping them involved and stationed throughout the whole recruitment process.
3. Candidate Screening: Natural Language Processing (NLP), deep learning and machine learning can be used to screen resumes contextually just like an HR expert. It can match and rank candidates to help shortlist the best talent in just a few seconds.
1. Issues with precision and dependability: Although AI has come a long way, it is still far from being considered perfect. One of the major drawbacks of the applicant tracking system is that it lacks precision and dependability as it can easily be perplexed by formatting options.
2. Too much reliance on certain keywords: AI depends very much on certain keywords to scan through their pile of candidates. This can come in benefit of those candidates who are familiar with the AI function and might conceal them as a good fit for the position by including certain keywords that have the potential to mislead the system.
3. Lacks nuance of human judgement: There are candidates out there who have peculiar work experience but might be the best fit for the position based on his or her personality, personal interests, character and work ethics. These are factors that require human judgement. Using an AI in this sense can extensively decrease the diversity in a workforce.