Shikha Verma – The world as we know it has changed entirely after the emergence of the pandemic, while we know the Hybrid Model is here to stay to make it work we need to start focussing on building ‘Organisational Agility.’
‘Agility’ is simply a by-product of P-E-S-C
P- Personalization & People Connect – Create Holistic Employee Experience w.r.t wellbeing & Make any time learning & help available on any aspect of their life
E – Enablement w.r.t Collaboration Tools, Technology, Policies & Practices that equip them to work better from anywhere
S – Safety & Security at the workplace with respect to Corona Protocols & Employee Wellbeing both
C – Comfortable Working – Role-Based working (strategically identify roles that can work remotely 20% times, 50% times & 100% times) along with practices that encourage WPF (workplace flexibility) and Green & Fluid Workspace – work from any space
‘Corona-proofing Organization is the need of the hour, inspired by Inderjit Singh, an Aviation Industry expert’s article on Corona-proofing Aviation. We definitely need to re-emerge like a Phoenix stronger and better keeping in mind employee wellbeing & safety along with business continuity.
In order to operationalize the above, following need to be addressed:-
- How do you plan to take care of Office Occupancy & Support Flexibility? What all tools or technology may be required?
- How to ensure Effectiveness? Which collaboration tools can enhance a team’s productivity and efficiency?
- How to create an internal communication platform (Like their exclusive Facebook) ? It’s important to identify newer and multiple communication gateways for Brand connect & to encourage a culture of collaboration and knowledge sharing
- How can the company start contributing towards causes involving Environment & Society? While CSR has always been there, I strongly feel the scope has increased and the involvement of employees has become critical. This will also contribute to building a sense of belonging and improve their well-being too. Initiating community-level interventions can be enthusing.
The need of ‘Work From Anywhere’ -WFA makes tailor-made employment & a robust governance system an absolute imperative too.
Work From Home (Remote working) has had its own limitations including lack of personal touch, distractions, lack of proper routine,stretched timings (without breaks & walks) and a feeling of isolation (losing boss time or visibility syndrome).
The Future of Workplace calls for reforms & new practices like:-
- Providing allowances to build proper infrastructure to have a fully functional workspace at home.
- Have a little home space in the office (Just like Google and Amazon practice)
- Co-location is clearly not a necessity for productivity, hence creating a distributed workforce and incentivizing them appropriately will be required
- Technology can help create contact-less workspace/facility – Increasing employee’s confidence in Return to Office (In a study, 97% of employees want changes in office premises for higher safety and hygiene)
- Shorter weekdays and Roster working can act as a great booster
- Team Managers can consciously choose 1 day of the week to WFH so as to encourage and support WFA Policy
- More flexibility means a Mindset Shift (lesser micro-management & more accountability) – Leadership Development to address such gaps
An integrated roadmap backed by diligent yet authentic efforts at ground level strengthens the culture muscle & gradually propels businesses into its new Avatar -Version 2.0.
“Focus on the simple yet meaningful steps that make your employees work better & feel happy contributing each day”