We are going through one of the most challenging times. Be it business, finance, education, profession or personal life; with the coming of COVID 19, everything has changed. It was altogether a different experience for us to switch our lives into virtual screens from real milieus even we were so much into the technological world.
Gradually now almost all the companies have adopted the Work From Home mode. Although at first, it was a bit tough for employees to find a balance between work and life, now they are able to fix it. The companies are doing their best to encourage their employees both personally and professionally.
Of all help, the most comforting will be the financial benefits offered in addition to the remuneration. Let us call it WFH Perks offered by companies to their employees. We would like to feature a few firms with whom we spoke about WFH Perks. Here are they:
- Ergonomic Furniture delivered to the employees’ doorstep
- Equipped employees with internet access either by providing them with a dongle or helping them set up an internet connection at their residence and reimbursing them for the internet usage charges.
- Flexible work timings – employees are free to work at their convenience, as many have other responsibilities also to take care of while at home.
Feedback from employees:
The SurveySparrow employees have responded positively to the remote-work features the company has provided them with. The ergonomic furniture, access to the internet and flexible work timings have helped ensure the employees receive similar comforts to what they would experience in the office.
- Rs. 7500/- as one time home office set up
- Rs. 700/- toward internet charges every month
- Access to a professional counsellor
- Mental Health Holidays
- Completely Flexi work timing
- 15 days Paid Leaves if COVID positive
- COVID 19 insurance
Company: Allianz Technologies
Based: Technopark Trivandrum (Munich, Bavaria)
Perks for employees:
- One time allowance of Rs. 10,000 applicable to Non-Executive employees
- Laptop for all employees with Internet dongle delivered to employees doorstep
- Soon to announce Hybrid work culture for all its employees
Listed are a few companies which are providing WFH Perks to their employees. They are setting a great model by helping their employees both in monetary and non-monetary terms. Providing WFH perks will help the companies in return as their employees will have a sense of belonging and security.
Haven’t you heard of the popular saying that ‘A friend in need is a friend indeed’? And these companies are re-framing it to ‘A firm in need is a firm indeed‘ through the help they’re extending to their employees.
Let us help each other in needs. Tough times can only be survived by standing together. Whatever a company does to reward and retain an employee will always be remembered. And it is sure that once the pandemic is over, the firm will get the best employee support as a return for all the benefits offered during their hard times.