Agile software development has been used by tech since 2001. Agile strategy approach has succeeded in advancing quick, more customer-focused, and cost-effective program improvement, and inevitably, businesses began practicing the Agile Methodology.
According to the HR Trend Institute, “Agile HR” refers to:
- a way of working and organizing the HR function that facilitates responsiveness and adaptiveness of activities and structures,
- facilitating the flexibility in matching workforce fluctuations to demand, and the way the HR function supports the organization in becoming more responsive and adaptive.
- As HR oversees complex ventures, that require reliable and effective methodologies into communication, program organization, and ability administration, Agile HR became the right choice for the practice.
HR is no more confined to just implementing controls and standards to drive execution, but to encourage programs and techniques that improve the organization’s agility, innovation, collaboration, and enhance decision making. With Agile HR, it shifted from the traditional focus on control and alignment to a more Agile focus on quick responsiveness and customer.
Here are a few ways of using the Agile process with HR.
- Conduct review meetings and daily standup gatherings not less than 15 minutes, to discuss the current projects, what to move forward with, and what to improve for effective results.
- With Agile HR, the employees will be proactive and be consistently looking for top and efficient talents which make the hiring process more productive.
- Routinely review the organizations’ training process, so that the employees’ skills and abilities don’t go obsolete, which also impact the organization’s activities.
- Employee satisfaction is paramount and Agile HR keeps up with giving feedback to their dedicated employees regularly.
- No one wants to go into obsolescence which is why Agile HR implement continual learning.
Agility is all about keeping on best, or ahead of the work handle, which is why Agile methodology has become a great success.